Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Recents >>

I feel like I've had this post in the works all week and I haven't really been able to think of a cohesive thread of recents, so today will be a bit more random than perhaps most of these posts are...

First of all, it's going to be an Instagram kinda day!  I have that great thing going on in my brain where I'm like, oh yeah... I have a real camera...

1.  While I was at Sewing Summit, Jake framed and insulated our basement as a surprise!  We had chatted about putting the sewing room in the basement so that the we could still have a guest room upstairs, along with the nursery, but I had told him that I really want to be able to hang shelves.  In order to hang shelves, we just needed the framing!

Basement Framed

2.  This caused an almost immediate upheaval in my sewing room.  There became an undeniable urgency to get everything moved downstairs so that I could a) start working again, b) clear out the newly designated guest room, and c) clear out the nursery.  So, the old sewing room became a disaster real fast.

Moving Sewing Room

3. I crave cookie dough.  Obviously, in my pregnant state, regular cookie dough is out.  Pinterest to the rescue!  I found this recipe for eggless edible cookie dough!  It's not meant to be cooked, it's just meant to be eaten.  It does not have the same taste as regular cookie dough, but it really is close enough and it is delicious!

Edible Cookie Dough

4.  Although Baby Girl's room isn't all cleared out, I cleaned up her closet pretty much the day I found out I was pregnant.  So, naturally, we've been working on her little wardrobe!

Baby Girl's Wardrobe

5.  Once the basement sewing room was in working order, I didn't waste time.  I'm still not finished organizing it and putting things away, but I can sit down and get to work.  The first thing I did was set my mind to finishing the quilting on the Fireworks quilt with the aid of the Night Circus audiobook!  I had heard great things about this book on Instagram, and I'm so glad I checked it out! It's a good book.  I recommend it!

The Night Circus and Quilting

6.  It's getting cold here!  I frequently whip up double batches of my favorite cocoa.  I'll make a point to share that recipe in the future!

Hot Cocoa

7.  I also finished the September Woodland Sampler!  The last few stitches went into this block just a day before October!  I was cutting it close!

September Woodland Sampler

8.  Last but not least, the latest belly photo!

19 Weeks

I became 19 weeks last Monday and everything is looking great!  We are certainly excited for our newest little girl!

More recents >>
feeling > a bit overwhelmed with all my works in progress
craving > wild rice chicken soup
wanting > to start a quilt for baby girl (I need to get a bunch of other things finished first!!)
sewing > the 13th and 14th blocks for the Virtual Quilting Bee
current temperature > 51°

Currently Listening to: Glory and Gore by Lorde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!