Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Lillian + Oliver 3: Finished!

As I mentioned before, this is the third time I have used the Lillian + Oliver pattern.  It's a great pattern that is fairly quick and satisfying.  I think, though, that this version of the quilt is, by far, my favorite.  I made this one for my mom because she has a co-worker that will be having a baby girl in June.  I was sad when I gave this quilt to my mom.  I really enjoyed hanging it in my sewing room and admiring it.

I apologize in advance, if there is a photo over load...

Mom's Lillian + Oliver 2

Mom's Lillian + Oliver 2

Mom's Lillian + Oliver 2

It was a very windy photo shoot.

Mom's Lillian + Oliver 2

This is my favorite photo, simply because of the movement.  I think it's gorgeous.

Mom's Lillian + Oliver 2

Mom's Lillian + Oliver 2

At the request of my mother, I added this "handmade" charm.

Mom's Lillian + Oliver 2

Inspired by Karen, I added this little heart in the quilting.  I find it endearingly messy, so I left it, rather than trying again.  I think I'll draw it first next time, though.  I didn't truly plan on quilting it in!

Mom's Lillian + Oliver 2

I bound it in just a couple of evenings, far faster than I intended to, and now, it is gone!  I could make another, but I like preserving the integrity of a true one of a kind.

As I have been mentioning, I will be making some blog changes this weekend and I'm excited for the new look!

Have a great weekend, friends!

Currently Listening to: Don't Hold the Wall by Justin Timberlake


6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! You can be consoled by the fact that it will definitely be loved by it's new owners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No photo overload -- those elephants are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Finish It Up Friday over at crazy mom quilts.

    The fabrics you used for the blocks is adorable. I especially like the gray sashing and backing fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, it's so sweet! I love it!!

    Found you via the link party and now I'm devouring your archives. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a darling quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute fabrics. I love the elephants. It makes a lovely quilt, just right for a new baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!