Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Houndstooth Quilts for the Twins: Finished!

Admittedly, I finished these two quilts before I got terribly, terribly sick.  However, I am really glad to finally post them and be done with Houndstooth quilts for a (long) while.

Houndstooth Quilts for the Twins

These quilts are rewarding once the quilt top is laid out and ready to be sewn together.  Before that point, it is too repetitive and monotonous for me to really get into.  I love the finished product, but it was just a bit too much labor to get there!

Houndstooth Quilts for the Twins

To save on frustration, I would recommend squaring up anything you can square up before sewing it to another piece.  I finally learned that when I sewed together the girl quilt and even though it took a lot longer to make, it was no where near as frustrating.

Houndstooth Quilts for the Twins

I probably will make this quilt again in the future, the finished product is too good not to, but I am glad to know that I should not make that commitment lightly!

Houndstooth Quilts for the Twins

For the girl quilt I used Kona White, Kona Cerise, and Kona Iron for the back.  For the boy quilt I used Kona White and Kona Iron.

Houndstooth Quilts for the Twins

I am glad that these two are checked off the list!

Currently Listening to: Make Her Say by Kid Cudi, Kanye West, and Common

4 comments:

  1. I really love this pattern. As a newbie I may not be quite ready for it yet, but sometime in the future I'd like to make one for one of my friends ... she's a big University of Alabama football fan, and of course one of UA's signature fabrics is houndstooth! I love the quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very pretty pair of quilts. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic effect, but I can see how the monotony would get you in the end. Well done on sticking it out, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really really effective - super work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!