Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

Fireworks Quilt: Finished!

This quilt has been a long time coming...  I started this Fireworks quilt back in February and it took me until now to get it finished... Although I have some fair excuses, that's still a long time!  Nevertheless, it is done now and I can relax about it!

Fireworks Quilt

The quilt top is made up entirely of Constellations by Lizzy House.  I am totally in love with this fabric and I love that she made a print of stars on white so that I could use it as the background.

Fireworks Quilt

This is a Thimble Blossoms pattern by Camille Roskelly (link above) and it was written really well!  The "fireworks" came together easily after I made the first block and got the hang of it.  It did, however, take me 6 hours to sew together two blocks, since I made them two at a time.  This is not a fast quilt, but I would say it is rewarding.

Fireworks Quilt

For the back I used more Constellations and Timeless Treasure's sketch in navy.  I wanted to stick with dark fabric for the back because I want to use this as a stargazing quilt (once the weather warms up again!)

Fireworks Quilt

I quilted it in concentric circles and I absolutely LOVE it.  I first fell in love with concentric circles when I quilted my Dad's Body and Sole quilt last year.  I knew then that I just had to have my own quilt with those circles someday.  When I was stumped on how to quilt this quilt, I thought, why not?  I used a variegated thread so it shifts from dark blue to light blue to white and I love that!

Fireworks Quilt

Here's number two for my 99 in 999 goal number #33: Make a quilt for each month of the year!  This one is going to be June.  Or May.  I haven't quite decided!

Currently Listening to:  Jupiter Winter by Sufjan Stevens

8 comments:

  1. Great color combo and I love the quilting. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunner! Definitely worth all the hard work and time that you put into it. I've really loved watching this quilt grow, it must be so exciting to finally have it finished now! This is by far my favourite Fireworks quilt, great job Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! The colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your color scheme, and the circle quilting really stands out. Congrats on such a beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Around and around you went with the quilting good for you! I can never get myself to do it on a big quilt lol

    Constellations line is awesome...great pattern for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular! Wow...the quilting in circles is amazing! That is a lot of quilt wrestling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt!! And I love how you quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! I am crazy about those Lizzy House fabrics, too. When I first saw this quilt I was thinking snowflakes, rather than fireworks, since the colors are so winter-y.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!