Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

May Fresh Mini Quilt: Finished!

I barely finished this little mini for the Fresh Mini Quilt Club before the end of May!  I shouldn't have left it to the very last, but I did.  I'm so glad it's finished and that it's another thing that I'm all caught up on!

May Fresh Mini Quilt Club

For this little quilt I originally wanted to use a solid blue background and then make the stars out of various yellow prints.  I didn't have enough blue solid, so I couldn't do that, but I knew that I wanted the starts to be the same color in different prints.  Since I'm obviously into purple lately (check out my violet hair!) I went with some of my favorite purple prints.

May Fresh Mini Quilt Club

I used Pearl Bracelets by Lizzy House, Spookyville, Gypsy Caravan, Color Basic + Plus by Lecien and the star print that I have no idea where it came from.  The solid is Kona Bone.

May Fresh Mini Quilt Club

I used Tula Pink's Nightshade for the back and Alexander Henry's A Ghastlie Angle for the binding.  I really like how it turned out!  I think I'm going to give this little mini to my mother, who just loves purple!  I think it would make her office feel more home-y.

Yay for another success in the mini quilt club! Three down, three to go!

Currently Listening to: Heart it Races by Architecture in Helsinki

4 comments:

  1. The quilting is perfect for this mini and the binding is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. Love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the binding fabric - it really reminds me that the quilt is modern and cool and doesn't fall back into a traditional star quilt just made with modern colors - I love it and the purples really play well with each other and the backing and binding do an amazing job of tying it all together - great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic mini! Love all the straight line quilting, and all your fabric choices:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!