First, I want to recap on my to-do list for last week, then I'll share this week's goals, and then I owe y'all three things that I'm grateful for!
So here's how I did last week...
- Put together the quilt top for my Dad's quilt: yes!
- Buy backing for Dad's quilt: no... but I did find and buy it this morning!
- Piece together the backing for my biological fathers quilt: yup!
- Pack the guest bathroom: yes!
- Pack coat closet: yes!
- Pack pictures/paintings: Yes, sadly... the apartment feels so hollow now!
- Finish packing the living room: yes!
So, it was a productive week!
Now that we are 14 days until closing, I am ready for life to get hectic! Here's what I want to accomplish this week:
- Quilt my Dad's quilt
- Make the binding for my Dad's quilt
- Pack up as much as possible in the master bathroom
- Start packing my closet
- Find the paint color for our new master bedroom!
It doesn't seem like a lot, but since I bought the backing fabric this morning for my Dad's quilt... I don't even have it pieced together, let alone basted! I have a lot of work ahead of me this week!
Since we're on to lists, I want to list my three favorite things that I love and that I am grateful for in the winter time... it's getting to be cold here in Utah, and since I am originally from Texas and not a fan of the cold, I have to focus on those things that I love!
- Potato soup - this is my favorite soup and after going through dozens of recipes, I finally found one that is amazing. I'll be sharing it here next time I make it!
- Fires and smores - this requires no explanation :]
- Holidays with family - nothing is better than family gatherings. Since this occurs twice in the wintertime, it is definitely something I love and look forward to.
I hope y'all have a great and productive Monday!
Currently Listening to: All at Once by The Airborne Toxic Event