Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Quilt Shop Review: My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe

Last Saturday, after working with my Mom, we made the trek to Logan to visit My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe.  Best. Decision. Ever.  Even though it was snowing and we had to drive through a canyon... worth it!



The moment we stepped through the front door, I was in love.  The shop had welcoming aura.  I felt like I could have stayed there all day and the staff would have loved to help me search, mix, and match.  Everyone we talked to was super nice, helpful, and excited about the projects we had in mind.

One of my favorite things is that I very quickly found the one-stop-pre-cut-shop area!  I love pre-cuts and I love when they are all together and very easy to find.  Like most shops, all of their new fabric was stocked by collections, with the Christmas and children fabric in specific areas.  They also had a great selection of solids, but I didn't notice any Kona solids... Their fabric selection is very different from that in the Salt Lake valley, which is refreshing, but also makes me sad because it's such a long drive to Logan from where I live!  For example, I have not seen any Art Gallery fabrics in any of the quilt shops in the valley, but this quilt shop had both solids and prints.  Refreshing!

They also have an AMAZING retreat area upstairs in the attic.  My mom and I went through their main sewing space and the kitchen and we wanted to simply join the group that was already there!  Check out this page on their website if you want to read more about the attic and the services they offer, including 20% off everything in the store!

I might have been able to pay more attention in the shop if I wasn't so thrilled and overwhelmed by the amazing quilty goodness that I was surrounded by... When we left I told my mom that we should make the drive quarterly, but now I'm thinking monthly... If you live anywhere close, or are going on a road trip through Utah, it is WORTH the stop and the extra time it takes to get there.  I definitely recommend this quilt shop.

Have you been there?  What do you think of this quilt shop?

xoxMegan

Currently Listening to: Turn All the Lights On by T-Pain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!