Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Project Life: Opening Pages for 2015

I agonized over putting these pages together, and I really like how it all came together!  I feel like it's a great introduction to the book that will document this year.



I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to label each of us and list our ages.  I thought of this as I started working on these pages, but I left off the decision until the very end... when I had nothing else to do.  Then I decided to just go for it!  I like how it turned out.  It's a good introduction to all the main characters and where we're currently at.


Also, I just love that "Twenty Fifteen" overlay from the Studio Calico Far Far Away kit!  I stitched it on the "Hello" card and trimmed it down.  Hello, twenty fifteen, indeed!


Yes, the introduction continues because, like always, I can't control myself when it comes to choosing which photos to print! I also wanted to take the opportunity to document the goals that we have set for ourselves this year.


I made the cross stitch chart for this 2015 and stitched it up with gold embroidery floss.  I absolutely love the finished product!  I'm considering digitizing the chart and offering it here on the blog for free, if there is any interest.  Let me know!


In addition to documenting our family goals, I wanted to write about what Jake is currently up to with his job and church responsibilities, how Berlin and the dogs are doing, and the things that I want to accomplish this year, too.


The little grey 2015 and the "Best year yet" both came from the Studio Calico December kit, Park Ave.  The big, pink 2015 and the grey 2015 polka dot are from my 2015 stamp set.  I am so excited to use my 2015 stamps throughout this year!


Here are the two pages together.  I'm so happy with how these pages turned out! It's going to be a super great year and I am so excited to be documenting the year on paper and also on this blog, with all of you.

Have you done an opening layout for 2015?! If so, I'd love to see it!  Add a link in the comments and I'll check it out!

Currently Listening: Middle of Nowhere by the Hot Hot Heat




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!