Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fall Favorites: Hot Cocoa

I promised a few weeks ago that I would share my favorite hot cocoa recipe... so here it is!

This cocoa is so ridiculously easy and so exponentially better than anything that comes in a packet or a canister that it seems so silly to bother with anything else.  It is also very customizable.  Prefer a real dark chocolate cocoa?  Add less sugar.  Fancy a lip smackingly sweet drink?  Cut back on the cocoa powder.  Easy!

First, ingredients:

  • 2 Tbsp. Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla
  • dash of salt
Favorite Hot Cocoa

First, pour your milk into your mug and microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes, depending on how hot you want your cocoa.

While that is heating, mix together the cocoa powder, sugar, and dash of salt in a little bowl.

Favorite Hot Cocoa

Once your milk is heated and your mix is well mixed, pour it in your mug and stir!

Favorite Hot Cocoa

When that is well mixed, add the vanilla and stir.

Favorite Hot Cocoa

Ta-da! You now have a super amazing mug of hot cocoa!

Favorite Hot Cocoa

Currently Listening to: Silent Night by Sufjan Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!