Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Virtual Quilting Bee: Last Two Blocks

I am so, so pleased that I have finished the last two blocks for the Virtual Quilting Bee!  I feel like it's been a bit of a battle these last few weeks as I've tried to catch up on all the blocks I didn't sew together when I was sick.  However, I'm glad to have all my blocks together before the finishing instructions are posted on Friday.

I really procrastinated sewing together block 15.  It was actually the last block I sewed together and it took me three hours.  This block is paper pieced and it was my first time paper piecing.  I didn't make a practice block - mostly out of laziness, but I think my first try is tolerable!

VQB Block 15

I had much more fun sewing block 16!  This is actually a block that I am tempted to make an entire quilt out of... It was fun to choose fabric and it was fun to sew!  It didn't cause any trouble and it came together quickly.

VQB Block 16

I'm hoping to get this quilt finished up in a timely manner, so that I can "keep up" with everyone else in the bee!

Current Listening to:  Stay Gold by the Big Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!