Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Recents >>

Happy Halloween!! Here's a new batch of what's been happening over here!

Ever since I learned English Paper Piecing, I have been wanting to make some hexagons.  After I purchased the 1" hexagon punch (on sale!), I didn't waste any time in punching out some templates and basting some hexagons out of a little pack of Kona solids!  I'm not sure on the layout or even what I'm going to do with them, but they are sure cute!!

EPP Hexagons

While my sis has been in town, I wanted to take the opportunity to teach her how to sew a bit.  She claimed that she had never touched a sewing machine, so I wanted to change that.  She also wanted some pouches for pens and stickers.  We started with Anna's Open Wide Zippered Pouch and I think she did a great job!  Then we started on another little pouch for her stickers.  I adapted a pattern from something else to meet the specifications my sister had for her stickers.  I think she did a great job on both little pouches!

Adarsh and her bags

After finishing up her bags, we decided to do a bit of thrifting!  I picked up all of these adorable embroidery hoops and this irresistible tin!  I plan on hanging the pink hoops in baby girl's room and using the tin for my English paper piecing things!

Thrifting Finds

We had a bit of an impromptu dinner party on Sunday and while my sister was making dinner, I knew I needed to make something easy for dessert... Enter: Pinterest.  I found this recipe I pinned on one of my boards for an Oreo icebox cake.  It was incredibly easy and way more delicious than I anticipated.  It was also way more rich than I thought it would be, too!

Oreo Icebox Cake

One of the very best things about this time of the year is the imminent arrival of the Starbucks holiday red cups.  To my sister and I, this signals the beginning of the holidays.  We were hoping that she would still be in town when the red cups were released so that we could enjoy our first cups together, but we didn't know when they'd come out!  So, I googled it just for fun and found the Countdown to Red Cups website.  Amazing!  We're so glad that we're not the only ones that look forward to this time of year!!

We have also purchased the paint and the crib for baby girl's room!! We're not setting the crib up until the room is all painted, but we had to open the box to see how adorable it was!

Baby Girl's Crib

Also, baby girl is now 23 weeks along and when we had an ultrasound on Monday, they said that she weighs 1 lb. 3 oz!  She's getting big! (and so am I!)

23 Weeks!

More Recents >>
sewing > Holiday Frost!
loving > my new thrifted items!
excited about > the crib!
writing > endless lists
craving > Starbucks!
eating > Halloween candy!
current temperature > 49°

Currently Listening to: Do You Hear What I Hear? by Sufjan Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!