Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Another Lillian + Oliver

I didn't realize, until just now, that this is my fourth Lillian + Oliver quilt!  I had forgotten all about the first one I had made.  This pattern is just so good.  I am in the process of making another and I'm sure there are plenty more in my future.




This quilt is quite literally going to be the sister to this Lillian + Oliver I made in 2013.  That same best friend is having another baby and when I found out I said, "Okay, if you have a girl, I'm going to make her a quilt with the same pattern I used before.  If you have another boy, I'll do something different!"  She was down with the plan, so when the gender was announced, I knew just what to do!



I walked the quilt shop for what seemed like hours trying to find fabric that I wanted to use.  I picked up one fat quarter, then another... it was a slow process.  Eventually, though, it all came together!



This quilt is way more pastel and no where near as bright as her brother's quilt, but you know, I think that's just fine!  My friend has already received the quilt and she loves it, so I feel good about my choices!


I regret that I'm not certain what all of the fabrics are.  There are two pinks from Into the Woods, several Timeless Treasures cross hatches, a couple confetti dots, and I believe the chevron is Riley Blake.  The back, however, is Best Fort Ever by Sarah Jane.  I just love this little print!  I quilted the quilt with a very light pink and I think it turned out great.



This was my only quilt finish of 2014... I finally started that Modern Maples quilt I had been threatening for awhile, but it is probably only a quarter quilted.  Now I have a few other priorities going on, so I'm not sure when I'll get around to finishing that, but it's on my goal list for this year.  (Which, it just occurred to me, I should share!  Maybe tomorrow?)

Until then, have a great day!

Currently Listening to:  The House You're Building by Audrey Assaud

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!