Life has still been crazy here in the new house. I have officially decided that I am NEVER moving during the holidays again. The fact that it is December 10th and I still do not have our Christmas tree up saddens me. But it is pointless to put the tree up, if I am still painting that room. Ugh. I am going to try my hardest to have that room finished today so that the tree can go up tomorrow! Speaking of goals, here's what I wanted to get done last week...
- Finish unpacking clothes: yes! I did not say anything about shoes... ugh
- Remove the wallpaper border and paint the front room: The border is removed and the walls are mostly painted. We're still working on the edges and the trim. This is what I want to be done today!
- Unpack fabric and sewing things: Yes!! It is so wonderful to have an entire room dedicated to my craft. I'm loving it!
- Attach binding onto my biological father's quilt, the Curved Log Cabin: Yes! and I love it!
- Set up the Christmas tree: we've already visited the sad story of the Christmas tree not being up yet...
- Finish organizing the kitchen: Well, here's the thing. It was almost done, but then we took everything off of the counter in order to scrape off the wallpaper and paint. So, the kitchen is still a disaster. It's such a mess that it almost makes me cry at least once a day.
So, last week doesn't feel like such a success, but we also got a lot of things done that were not on the list. It's really been a process and a lot of work. As much as I am ready for it to be done, the house is really looking a lot better than it did when we first bought it. So, at least that's good.
So, here's some goals for this week!
- Put up the Christmas tree
- Finish painting the kitchen and put it back together
- Take treats to the neighbors
- Mail gifts
- Get guest room in order and ready for guests
- Work on the mini quilt
- Hang some pictures (!!)
Currently Listening to: Separate by Trampled by Turtles