As for my goals last week...
- Put up the Christmas tree: Yes! And I love it! It is fully decked out with lights, but we don't have many ornaments, so it's mostly decorated with lights. In fact, I just bought a star for the top of the tree today... It's not fancy, but it brings in the holiday spirit
- Finish painting the kitchen and put it back together: Yes! And it looks lovely! I love it!
- Take treats to the neighbors: No... I'm a bad neighbor. But I am making apple butter this week to take to my neighbors!
- Mail gifts: Yes! They should be arriving to their destination any day now...
- Get guest room in order and ready for guests: Yes! It's nothing fancy, but at least the bed linens are clean and comfortable.
- Work on the mini quilt: No... I've had very little time to sew.
- Hang some pictures: Yes! It is amazing how much more the house feels like a home now that I have pictures, and a painting, hung!
We also threw a surprise birthday party on Saturday for Jake's dad. It was SUPER fun! Jake and I have tried to throw great parties in the past, but they've all been kind of a flop. This one rocked, though!
This week, the last week before Christmas, I have a lot of goals and I need to accomplish all of them!!
- Make two sets of stationary
- Make two pencil cases (using this tutorial!)
- Make two stockings (for my dad and his beautiful wife!)
- Make little apple pies (recipe!)
- Make little blueberry pomegranate pies (recipe!)
- Make apple butter
- Finish mini quilt
- Finish Christmas shopping
- Finish wrapping gifts
- Finish hand sewing the binding onto my biological father's quilt, The Curved Log Cabin
Currently Listening to: The Christmas Wish by John Denver and the Muppets (Classic!!)