Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Quilting Stats

Over the weekend I was thinking, and I thought it would be fun to have a post a week that sort of reviews my quilting statistics from week to week.  This is a time to be honest with myself in how many projects I start versus how many I finish and answer the question of "how much fabric did I buy last week?"  I feel like it's all part of keepin' it real. So, these stats are for the last week.

Quilts started: One - the Pow Wow quilt and here is the progress of it.  I didn't get much sewn last weekend due to so many family activities, but most of the fabric is cut.  You can't see all of it in this photo.  Also, this is 13 finished blocks out of the 99 that I need...

Pow Wow Progress

Quilts finished: One - Baby Zig
Fabric purchased: Most of the fabric that I purchased was for a specific project.  I always feel so much more justified when I can show my husband exactly what the fabric is for.  So, I bought all of this:

Constellations, Posy, Mama Said Sew, Pearl Bracelets, Les Amis, Carnaby Street 3

  • 4.5 yards of Lizzy House Constellations in natural
  • 4 yards of Lizzy House Constellations in black
  • 1 yard of Lizzy House Constellations Supernova in purple
  • 1/2 yard of Lizzy House Pearl bracelets 
  • 1/2 yard of Aneela Hoey's Posy
  • a fat quarter of Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater
  • 1/2 yard each Timber and Leaf by Sarah Watts prints of the playful fox, fox portrait, and the gerbera in blue.
  • 1/2 yard Carnaby Street by Pat Bravo
So, yeah... a lot of fabric.  The Pearl Bracelets, Posy, and Mama Said Sew are all for my future Valentines quilt that I sort of introduced here.  The Constellations fabric is all to make a Fireworks quilt from start to finish.  I had purchased a half yard bundle of the entire line for my birthday.  

Constellations for Fireworks Quilt

The rest of the fabric that I purchased... well, I just couldn't live without it, I guess...


Quilts Planned: Four - Fireworks, Lap of Luxe, Modern Plus Quilt, and this one that I'm helping my mom with
Other projects started: None
Other projects finished: None

Beginning of the year to date quilts started: Three
Beginning of the year to date quilts finished: Four

So, these stats make it look like I'm on top of everything and like I only have one project going at a time.  But let's just remember that I finished all my 2012 projects before I started anything new and, it is only February... I feel like I have plenty of time to derail and I want to know when it's happening!  I have a feeling that it's going to happen soon, seeing as I do not have backing for the Pow Wow quilt, but I have everything for the quilt tops for the next two planned quilts...

Also, another reason this may look so together is that I really dislike having a bunch of little pieces around. This seems potentially hazardous to me:

Pow Wow Progress

So, it's sort of a commitment that when I cut it, I'm going to sew it together fairly quickly.  Once the cut pieces are sewn together, I'm suddenly not in such a hurry anymore...

Currently Listening to: Ready to Go by Guards


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!