Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Finished Pillow

I have recently been thinking about Father's Day and what I should make for my Dad.  Last Christmas I gave him this quilt called Body and Sole.

Body and Sole Quilt

It's made of Deb Strain's Spa with Kona Iron.  (There's a full post on it here)

So, I thought I would make my Dad a matching pillow!  I promptly turned to the book Pillow Pop for a pattern that would match and one that I could use the left over fabric from the quilt.  The Crimson Stones pillow was perfect!

Pop's Pillow

Since I used jelly roll strips to make his quilt, that's all I had for this pillow.  Luckily, two prints from Lizzy House's Constellations line are a perfect match in color to the Spa line!  I used those prints for the center squares.  The solid is Kona Iron, to match the quilt.

Pop's Pillow

The pillow came together pretty quickly and I'm very pleased with the result.  It's about 18" square.  I didn't have a pillow form the correct size, so I just used what I had and stuffed some batting in to make up the difference for these photos... I'll be flying to Dallas and giving it to him in person, so I'll buy a pillow form there!

Pop's Pillow

This was my first time sewing partial seams, and it wasn't as hard as I was expecting!  It still came together easily and quite well.

Pop's Pillow

I'm excited to give this pillow to my Dad! I hope he likes it as much as I do!

Currently Listening to: Birth by 30 Seconds to Mars

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I love the colours and fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a combination. I love your colour and fabric choices and that quilting just pulls everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and the patterns of both the quilt and the pillow. Very nice finishes. I keep thinking of taking the plunge and doing some pillows; you might have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! It is so sophisticated!
    Esther
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great and matches the quilt perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!