Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Houndstooth Works in Progress

I had previously mentioned that I needed to complete 5 quilts by various days in June.  One of them was the third Lillian + Oliver that has already been completed and at its new home.  Another is the Boardwalk quilt that is now all quilted and just waiting to be bound.  The last three are all Houndstooth quilts, one lap size for my father in law for father's day and two baby quilts for a friend who is having boy and girl twins in June.  I received the fabric for these three quilts in the mail last week and I have since been very busy cutting it up and sewing it back together!

Dad's Quilt in Progress

For my father in law, Jake and I picked out Kona Iron and Kona Pacific for the top and we're planning on backing it in Kona Steel.  This is the current state of this quilt... it just needs to be sewn into a quilt top!

Houndstooth Twin Quilt 1

I have also started on working on the little boy baby quilt.  His mother chose Kona Iron and Kona White for the top and Kona Iron for the back.

Houndstooth Twin Quilt 1

I'm hoping to press these blocks out today.

Houndstooth Twin Quilt 2

For the little girl quilt, her mother chose Kona White with Kona Cerise for the top and Kona Iron for the back.  Clearly, I have saved the best for last!

I'm excited for these Houndstooth quilts!  It's a great pattern and I'm really enjoying it!  I'm linking up with Lee today!

Currently Listening to: Along the Road by Radical Face

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are churning out houndstooth quilts like no other!! Looking good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan! I am making Elanor a simple quilt (just squares) for a twin bed. I was wondering if you do the quilting yourself or if you have someone else do it? I know you can do it by hand, tie it, or send it to someone who has one of those long arm machines (is that right?). I am a novice and a terrible seamstress, but I want to try and make a quilt. If you do do your own quilting, could I pay you to do mine?

    By the way, we should get together again and go out for dinner or something!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!