Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Recents >>

It has been a rough Monday for me, but I'm trying to be cheery as an evening spring storm approaches. It's been one of those days that nothing seems to go correctly, but there have been a lot of good things lately.

I have recently discovered the joy of audiobooks from the library.  I have started by checking out the audiobooks for some of my favorite books.  Since I feel like I hardly have any time to read, I am at least very glad I can listen.

Recent library audiobooks

On Friday my mom and I made a trek to Logan specifically to visit My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe, which is one of our favorite quilt shops, but it is two hours away from me!  On the way there, we ate lunch at The Crepery, which was delicious. On our way home we stopped at the Blue Bird for some chocolates for our husbands and drinks for us.  I had the freshest cream soda I've ever had.  It was incredible! Here are a couple iPhone photos of our adventures:

The Crepery

Mom & I 5/3/13

Crepe from the Crepery

Mom & I 5/3/13

Cream Soda from the Blue Bird

Of course, we purchased fabric at the shop...

Fabric Purchases 5.3.13

On the left is the Lullaby Baby collection by Jean Kelly for Anthology Fabrics.  On the right is a mix of Urban Mod, Indian Summer, and other bits that I randomly gathered.

I have been so thrilled about the nest and mama bird in our tree!  I went out there the other day to check on them and I found mama bird missing.  I took the opportunity to have Jake lift me up so that I could see inside.  I was expecting eggs, but I was surprised with baby birds!  I snapped a couple of pictures with my phone and then we ran away before mama bird could come back.  (We then found her hunting for worms in our backyard!)

Baby Birds

Also, I have started this cross stitch and I'm in love with it!

Giraffe Cross Stitch

More recents >>
loving > cross stitching
sewing > lap size Houndstooth quilt
fabric lusting > Norwegian Woods
reading > this article on Passion Pit's Michael Angelakos
drinking > double chocolate chip frappuccinos
eating > ribeye and corn on the cob
current temperature > 67°

Currently Listening to: Easy to Love by The Jezabels

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!