Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Recents >>

Holy cow!  I unintentionally took a little break from blogland.  Last Tuesday Jake and I left super early and flew to Vegas.  We got back home at 2 in the morning.  I meant to post all along the trip, but that clearly didn't happen!

So, since I've been a bad blogger and a bad photographer, here are some iphone + Instagram (I'm @sapphirememories !!) photos from the last week! 

First of all, before we left, I needed a baby bird update.  I happened to catch them while they were hungry!

Baby Birds

Also before we left, I went to the salon and had my hair dyed violet!  This picture is of me without make up, but the color is pretty true...

Violet Hair

Next, we're in Vegas!

Vegas 2013

We stayed at the Cosmopolitan.  Super posh!
Vegas 2013

There was a shop in the Cosmopolitan called All Saints and all the front windows were filled with vintage sewing machines!

Vegas 2013

Vegas 2013

Next up: Pool time!

Vegas 2013

We ate a TON of great food.  This dessert was one of my favorites.  

Vegas 2013

This was the view from our room balcony.

Vegas 2013

And... this is what my mornings looked like...

Vegas 2013

My friend Erin and I went to the Coca Cola store and tried Coke products from around the world.  It was so fun, but afterwards we both felt so sick and we only just tried a few sips of each cup!

Vegas 2013

Jake was there for a work conference, and on Wednesday night they held a party by the pool.  

Vegas 2013

The wind that night made my dress inflate and look like a cupcake!

Vegas 2013

As blurry as this photo is... that's Erin and I dancing in the pool.  It was crazy fun and one of the highlights of the trip!

Vegas 2013

Jake and I went to Serendipity 3 one night.  We have been to the original location in NYC a couple of times and we really wanted to go again in Vegas.  We loved it!  This is the sundae that we got and Jake was pouting that I made him wait until I got a photo of it!

Vegas 2013

On the last night in Vegas we went to the Jean Philippe Patisserie.  The desserts were SERIOUSLY amazing.  I ordered a chocolate trio cheesecake (on the left) which has a layer of dark chocolate cheeascake, milk chocolate, and white chocolate cheesecake inside of that delicious white chocolate wrapping.  Jake ordered a little sampler that had creme brûlée, a raspberry macaroon, and a little cheesecake pop all on a milk chocolate bar tray.

Vegas 2013

On our way back to the Cosmo, we caught a show at the Bellagio!

Vegas 2013

We had such a great time in Vegas, but I am glad to be back home with my little girls again.  

More recents >>

loving > snuggling with my babies again!
missing > the hotel maid service!
wishing > i could have gone to Vegas and quilt market
playing > robot unicorn attack 2. It sounds lame, but it's awesome.
reading > Gunn's Golden Rules by Tim Gunn 
current temperature > 60° 

Currently Listening to: The Hunt by Grizzly Bear


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!