Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Neighborhood Charm + New Project

Good afternoon, Friends!

Yesterday I finished up the quilting for the Neighborhood Charm quilt!

Neighborhood Charm Quilt

I quilted the "empty lots" with garden inspired quilting, just like Debbie did for her Moda Bakeshop quilt.  I stitched in the ditch for the rest of it.  I really like the way it turned out!

Neighborhood Charm Quilt

The fabric is Liz Scott's Domestic Bliss line with Kona Bone.

Neighborhood Charm Quilt

I used my favorite print in the line for the back!

I made and attached the binding on this quilt earlier this morning and that means that it's on the fast track to being done!  Because I hand stitch the binding onto the back on the couch... for sewing room purposes, this quilt is done, and I now feel free to start something else!

My best friend is having a baby in March and I told her that I would make a baby quilt for her little boy.  So, that's up next!

I am using the Lillian and Oliver pattern by Kati Cupcake that I used to help my mom make a baby quilt for her co-worker here.

Fabric for Lillian + Oliver Quilt

Since any one line did not appeal to me, I made my own mix.  The fat quarters are (starting with the corduroy bird print that I don't know...) Ikebana by Dear Stella, Pearl Bracelets by Lizzy House, Frippery by Thomas Knauer, Outfoxed by Lizzy House, Notting Hill by Joel Dewberry, and In My Room by Jenean Morrison.  The yardage is Bella White and Notting Hill.

Fabric for Lillian + Oliver Quilt

I super love these fabrics together!!  I am so excited to cut them up and sew them together!

I hope ya'll are having a great day!

Currently Listening to: Angsty by Best Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!