Pages

Friday, January 11, 2013

Tutorial: Little Pouch

Happy Friday, Friends!

Today, I wanted to show you a little pouch that I put together for my holiday traveling.  I wanted to take a little bag of vitamins, but I didn't want to use a plastic sandwich bag, and I didn't have anything else available.  So I sewed one up real quick!  It was super easy, super fast, and it did just the job I needed it to!

Pouch Tutorial Finished

The best part was that I was able to use some scraps!  For the pouch I show you in this tutorial, the fabric measured 5" by 10".  This pouch is bigger than the first one I made, but I wanted it to comfortably fit gift cards.  I think it's the perfect size for that!

Pouch Tutorial 1

So, start with your fabric and fold the short ends over about 1/8" twice each and press in order to create a hemmed edge on the inside and outside flaps.

Pouch Tutorial 2

Once they are pressed, sew an 1/8" top stitch to secure it.

Pouch Tutorial 3

Next, with the right side of the fabric facing up, fold down the top 1 3/4".

Pouch Tutorial 4

Pouch Tutorial 5

Then pull up the bottom edge and over lap the first edge by 3/4".

Pouch Tutorial 6

Pouch Tutorial 7

Press the entire pouch.

Pouch Tutorial 8

Sew both of the raw ends from top to bottom using a quarter inch seam.

Pouch Tutorial 9

Pouch Tutorial 10

Using the pouch opening, flip the pouch right side out and push out all the corners.  Press the pouch one last time and presto! Cute, easy pouch!

Pouch Tutorial Finished

I hope you'll enjoy making this cute, fast pouches whenever you're about to travel or would like to fancy up a gift card!

Have a great day!

xoxMegan

Currently Listening to: The Police and the Private by Metric

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!