Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy 2013!!

It's been such a LONG time since I've been on this space!!

Between my birthday (Dec. 21), family parties (Dec. 22), travelling to St. George to see Jake's family (Dec. 23-25), and travelling to Boise to spend time with my family (Dec. 26-Jan.1), I have had such little time to write!!

The holidays were a BLAST!  My dad came into town on Christmas day and his presence really made the holidays special this year.  I really had a great time and now I'm struggling to get back into the swing of things!  I'll post about my holiday a bit at a time - I've got lots of pictures!

For right now, I want to share a finish that I finished before Christmas!  The Curved Log Cabin!

Curved Log Cabin Quilt Finished

I am so thrilled with how this quilt turned out!!  (Also, I super love this random-ish fence that we have in our backyard... it's perfect for picture taking!)

Curved Log Cabin Quilt Finished

The fabrics on the front are Kona Bone and Kona Steel.  The back and binding are Metro Living by Robert Kauffman.

Curved Log Cabin Quilt Finished

I love, love, love this quilt.  It was a beast to make, but it was well worth it.

Curved Log Cabin Quilt Finished

It now has a new home in Twin Falls, Idaho.  I hope it is well used and loved there.

Happy New Year, friends! I'll have a post about my re-SEW-lutions tomorrow!

xoxMegan

Currently Listening to: Settle by Two Door Cinema Club

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilt, I'm so amazed by how striking the design is with so few fabrics and colors (I'm usually drawn to zillions of scrappy bits that overwhelm the eye). Backing and binding are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt. Its a great design. And you gave it away? That would have been super hard for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its beautiful! someone is very lucky to receive this gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing quilt! I love your binding fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh I love this quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much for your kind comments! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow! I love this quilt. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!