Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Virtual Quilting Bee Block #2 Auditions

On Friday, the second block for the Virtual Quilting Bee was revealed.  Since then, I've been trying to decide on what fabrics I wanted to use.  See, I don't have a very large fabric stash, so that can make it difficult when I try to make something just out of what I have on hand.

Today, I spent some time trying to put together some fabrics for this second bee block that I can ponder over for the next couple of days as I work on my Fireworks quilt.  Here are three little bundles that I came up with.

Bee Block Possibility One

I believe that the top two fabrics are by AdornIt, but neither of them have selvages.  The little stars are from Lizzy House's constellation collection.  The solid is Kona Steel

Bee Block Possibility Two

The top fabric is Constellations, followed by Tula Pink's Parisville, and then the stars are Happy H"owl"-o-ween with Kona Steel.

Bee Block Possibility Three

For this last combination, I chose In My Room by Jenean Morrison, Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry, and Notting Hill by Joel Dewberry with the Kona Steel.

Now, I'm not really sold on any of them, but I think I like the first one the most.  Which do you prefer?

For the first block, I was looking at completely different fabrics, but then on the day I sewed it together, I changed my mind and I absolutely love the outcome.  So, we'll see what happens.  I'd like to get this sewn up this week!

Currently Listening to: Into the Wild by LP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!