Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What Day Is It?

When I woke up this morning, my first thought was, "What day is it?".  Jake decided to go into work later that usual, so that added to my confusion.  I had such a busy weekend and yesterday was so crazy that I feel like it should at least be Thursday!  But, Tuesday it is!  Which is good, because I have lots to do this week.

I have still been hard at work on the Fireworks quilt, but I started two other little projects.  One is a needle book, just like the one I posted on Friday, but with different colors for my mom and the other is a mini quilt! I debated for a short while on whether I should join Megan's Fresh Mini Quilt Club, but I obviously decided in the affirmative!  The photos on Instagram were just so appealing that I couldn't resist.  Since I intend on finishing it this week and sharing it on Friday, I have just a peek for you!


March Fresh Mini Quilt

I'm actually pretty in love with it.  I could not be more pleased that I decided to join this little club! The only thing I'm sad about is that it's only for six months!

The progress on the Fireworks quilt is slow, but it's coming.  This is most definitely not a quick quilt, but it is so rewarding!  I'll post more pictures of the progress tomorrow!

Fireworks blocks

I have also embarked on a little sewing room organization.  I've been trying to think of a cute way to keep a to-do list on my wall without using a thousand cute post its.  I settled on this:

Paint Chip To-Do List

Paint chips!  When I was in college, working on my senior art show, I collected hundreds of paint chips.  And then, I didn't use them in my show!  So I still have hundreds!  They are a good size, sturdy, cute, and the best part - free!  Win!

When I was writing out my to-do list, I noticed how much I do for my mom!  Two of those quilts are quilts she's giving away and the one at the end is one that I'm making for her to keep.  And she certainly has a way of bribing me too... She may have bribed me to cut the fabric for her two quilts by buying me this...

Pattern Tower

This thing is perfect for my patterns!  It even rotates!  The storage on this thing is great, too!  I haven't even filled it up yet.

Well, that's enough random for one day.  I'll be back tomorrow to post pictures of my Fireworks quilt progress!  Happy Tuesday!

Currently Listening to:  The Magician by Jose Vanders

1 comment:

  1. I love how your to do list is on paint chips! Very Fun

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!