Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Awkward Stage

Starting blogs are awkward.

I have attempted to keep a blog going before, but I have previously failed.  This time, I'm determined... They say that if you do something for 30 days it's a habit, right?  So for the next 30 days I am going to blog about the exciting and the mundane.  Lucky for me, (or you?) life is about to get real exciting...

Before I get into the exciting things, allow me to introduce myself:

My name is Megan. I am an artist, quilter, Texan, wife, mother of two (tiny dogs), and now, blogger.
Another attribute that will soon be added to the list is... homeowner!

My hubby and I decided a few months ago that we were tired of renting (mostly the high cost of rent), and we wanted to buy a house.  Three weeks of looking and we found the perfect fit!  Last Friday we went under contract to purchase our very first home.  Other than getting out of an apartment, I am excited for our own home for a number of reasons:
1. We'll have a backyard for the little girls! No more leashing up before going outside! Not to mention that I won't have to go out with them!
2. I can paint the walls!
3. I'll have a studio space!
4. I'll have a sewing room!
5. #3 and #4 will be DIFFERENT SPACES!
6. Garage! No more scraping ice from my windshield!

I am certain there are lots others, but those are the big ones.

Currently, our close date is September 14th.  While I am SO excited for that date to hurry up and get here, there are a number of unfinished projects that are currently plaguing my spare bedroom/studio space/office.  Since I had the great ambition to start a trillion things at once (something that usually doesn't bother me), I need to muster up the even greater ambition to FINISH as many as possible before we move.  I currently have two unfinished paintings, one that has been commissioned, but not started, the "Core Essentials" fabric book (mom and I are doing this one together!), and a table runner that technically isn't started yet, but I really want to do!  Okay, so when it's written out like that, it doesn't seem like so much, but it's really a lot of work!  And pretty soon I'm going to have to add packing to my to-do list.  It's also going to be important to get as much of these projects done as soon as possible because I have three quilts that I want to make for Christmas gifts, and that's going to be a lot of work.

In addition to finishing up projects and getting ready for a move, I have also been trying to mentally set myself up for a completely new neighborhood and a chance to start fresh.  I am typically a fairly shy person, but I have been living in this apartment complex for a year and a half and the one person that I instantly recognized and knew has already moved away... shy isn't working for me.  I love to be social, but I'm scared of putting myself out there... So no more! I'm going to make myself be outgoing.  Fake it 'til you make it... right?

Well, that will be all for Day #1 of blogging.  More tomorrow!

xxM

currently listening to: Home by Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeroes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!