Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Apples in the Orchard Quilt: The Beginning

Happy Friday!

This morning I went to two fantastic fabric labor day sales!  I might have come home with more than I needed... :]

I found the final purple fabrics!  Since I knew the pattern pretty well, I knew that there would be some excess if I cut up exactly what the pattern calls for.  So to finish of the rest of the requirements, I bought the Modern Domestic layer cake for $20!  I have had my eye on this layer cake for WEEKS! While I only used two 10x10s for my sister's quilt, I have intentions for the rest of it... there may be a surprise fourth quilt that I want to do... it's going to be a surprise for my husband!  I'm going to have to start getting up earlier so that I can work on that quilt and one of the three quilts I am giving as gifts while he is at work so that he doesn't wonder what I was doing all day!

Anyways, the pattern calls for 10 blocks made up of squares.  Here's a picture of them paired - they are not completely sewn together, so if they look off-kilter it's because they're just overlapped.


Here's one of the blocks all put together:


I'm totally in love with the way it is turning out.  And I am grateful that this is going to be a fast quilt because once I picked out the four square matches, it only took me 30 minutes to sew the pairs together! Super excited!

Well, what are you doing for the Labor Day weekend?  I'm headed down to Moab with my mom to meet up with my brother and his wife to go white water rafting!  On the way, my mom and I will be stopping in Springville at the Corn Wagon Quilts Company!  It is an amazing quilt store, but I've only been once because it's so far away!  I'm grateful that we will not only be passing it, but stopping in.

Anyways, I hope y'all have a great and relaxing Labor Day!

xoxM

Currently Listening to: The Wave by Miike Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!