Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fourth Set and Next Project!

Good morning my friends!

Here is the fourth and final set of hot pads!  I think these might be my favorite!


I love the hot pads! They were so fun to do!  I bet if I had only done one set I could have gotten it all done in a day.  But I am grateful for the longer project.

So on to the next project!  I am making my sister a quilt for Christmas.  It's one of three quilts that I want to give as Christmas gifts.  I calculate that I have until about the middle of October to get these quilts mostly done.  That means that I'll be shooting for them to all be pieced, basted, quilted, and have the binding attached to the top of the quilt by then.  The hand sewing will be easier to finish during the move and while the hubs and I are traveling for the holidays.  For three quilts, that means that I have roughly two weeks for each quilt.  If I remember correctly, it took me about two weeks to do four sets of hot pads.  Am I in trouble?

Anyways!  The pattern that I will be using is called "Apples in the Orchard".  It is from the Apple a Day project book.  The same one that mom and I are doing the "Core Essentials" journal.  Well, if you happen to look it up, I'm going to stay fairly true to the pattern except for the appliqued apples on the border.  Not only do I think they're cheesy, but my sister is into spiders, gothic things, and decay.  She wants to go to med school and then work with dead people.  She would only like the apples if they were decaying.  Anyways, her favorite colors are purple and black, so I'm aiming to make this a purple and black quilt.  Here are the fabrics I've collected so far.


I need 12 fat quarters and so far I only have 10.  I intend on getting the last two this weekend.  May I just say that it has been SO HARD to find purple fabrics.  I have been to Pine Needles and The Material Girl Quilts a trillion times.  Yesterday I went out of my way and went to Elaine's Quilt Block for the first time and I found two more.

Anyways, I don't know what all the fabrics are, but starting from the left: 1.Spookyville, 2. Heirloom by Joel Dewberry, 3. Guising by Lizzy House,  6. Gypsy Caravan by Amy Butler, 7. Eerie Alley, 10. Renee Nanneman

I am just in love with that Gypsy Caravan!  I think that one is my favorite.

I don't have the backing yet, but I do have the border and the binding.


On the left is the border, which is "a ghastlie crewel" by Alexander Henry.  The binding is on the right and it is "a ghastlie angle" by Alexander Henry.  I love chevrons on binding.

Well, I'm going to get to cutting up my delicious little fat quarters so that when I finally add the last two, I'll be ready to get to work!

I hope y'all have an excellent Thursday!

xxoM

Currently Listening to:  Nothing by Young Man

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!