Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Boardwalk: In Progress

I have been a BAD blogger lately.  There has been a lot going on in this little head of mine... but I have been working hard on the Boardwalk quilt!

On Monday, I tried Holly's table basting method.

Boardwalk Quilt

I don't have a huge table, but I think that it worked pretty well.  It was WAY more comfortable than pin basting on the floor.

Boardwalk Quilt

I will probably do it again.

I started quilting Monday night, but since basting took me FOREVER and I had to run out to get more pins, it was late and I didn't get much done.  Yesterday, however, I did finish quilting half of the quilt.

Boardwalk Quilt

Even though this photo is dark, I love the way it looks with the light shining on the quilt...

Boardwalk Quilt

Well, I hope to finish up the quilting today!

I also want to announce that there are going to be some fairly big changes coming to my blog this weekend, including a new address.  I feel like it's time to take "Scraps for Omi" to the next level... stay tuned!

I'm also linking up with Lee today!

Currently Listening to: The Swan Thieves (audiobook) by Elizabeth Kostova

5 comments:

  1. Those are interesting pins. Is it just an attachment?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the rest of the quilting!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cute. I can't wait to see the changes you have planned for the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like nice quilting so far! The pins are neat...never seen those before. Good luck with your new blog changes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh I love those pins! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!