Pages

Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Labor Day!

Hello again friends!

So far today has been labor-less and it's been amazing.  My trip to Moab was super fun!  It was so great to see my brother and his lovely wife.  Unfortunately, I was unable to go to It's Sew Moab because we got into town too late on Saturday and they were closed Sunday and today.  But we still had fun nonetheless.  On our way down we did stop at the Corn Wagon Quilts Company and spent a lot of time there!  They had the bolts for Oh Deer! by MoMo so I was able to buy backing and binding for my table runner!  I should be able to finish that soon.

In other news, before I even left on my trip I was able to sew the quilt top of my sister's quilt!  I stayed up super late Friday and then got up early on Saturday to finish it up.  It's looking great!  I LOVE the middle square of Modern Domestic.  There is just a touch of that collection in the quilt top... as you remember, I'm saving the majority of my layer cake for another surprise project...!!


On the top left there is Kio.  She was sad I didn't lay down the blanket for her!  Here's a good one of the girls inspecting the work and longing to lay down...

Kio and Omi longing to lay on the quilt top.

I sure love those tiny girls!

Now, all I need to do is add the border, buy some batting, and I'll be ready to quilt it!  Getting 3 quilts done by the middle of October doesn't seem so bad now, does it?

I do have to say that this is the simplest of the three, though.  One of them uses a jelly roll though, so cutting fabric on that one won't be so bad.  The third one is going to take a lot of time on cutting and piecing... but it will all be fun!  I loved my little vacation, but I am ready to get back to sewing!

Anyway, I'll be spending the rest of the holiday with my hubs!

xxoM

Currently Listening to: Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!