Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

Good morning my friends!

It has been super busy lately.  My mom has been having some health issues, so I've been helping her out.  I didn't factor in any surprises when I was making my plan for completing three (really four, let's be honest) quilts before Christmas!

Good news:

All the fabric for my biological father's quilt is CUT!!!  Hallelujah.  Of course, the pieces are all in their baggies and nicely labeled.  I could not be more thrilled that ALL the cutting for that quilt top is done.

Bad news:

That's the quilt top, backing, and binding for my sister's quilt.  Notice how the quilt top and the backing aren't attached yet?  Terrible.  That was supposed to be quilted last week!  Seriously, I think I have a problem.

Neutral news:


My mom ordered this adorable half yard bundle from Fabricworm for a baby quilt that she wants to make by the time the baby is due... in November. She had them ship it to me.  Why? So I can cut it for her.  By Saturday. Serrriously.

Also on my to-do list, but non-fabric related, is packing!  We are 60 days from the close date and while it still seems so far away, I just know it's going to sneak up on me while I'm all wrapped in fabric and then it's going to be zero sleep, zero sewing, rush to the finish line.  That is what I am trying to avoid.

Yesterday after I got home from helping my mom I spent a couple hours packing what I could in what boxes we have.  I figure that if I can get our guest room/painting studio all packed up by the end of September, I'll at least have one thing that I won't have to worry about.  In addition to that goal, I need to quilt my sister's quilt, have my biological father's quilt top completed, and at least contemplating cutting the pieces for my (adoptive) dad's quilt.  Lofty.

Well, I have a lot to do!  I hope y'all have a great day!

xooMegan

Currently Listening to Anna Sun by Walk the Moon [My current favorite!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!