Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Barbara Crawford

Barbara Crawford is an artist and she was one of my art professors in college.  She has no idea the impact she has had on me and my development as an artist.  I find everything about her inspiring - from the person she is, to the things she's done, to the words of encouragement she has given me.  She has been absolutely essential in my development as an artist and as a person.


This is a picture I took of her when we were in a museum in Florence.  This is an original panel from the doors of the Baptistery of San Giovanni, which is right outside of the Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral.  She was explaining that the artist, Lorenzo Ghiberti, used a technique which allowed him to save on bronze because this isn't a solid block of bronze, the back is actually as hollow as possible while providing stability to the panel.

Anyways, enough of the art history lesson, this woman is completely amazing and I miss college primarily because I miss working with her so often and being able to absorb her amazingness.

If you want to check out her art, she sells it at the Nelson Gallery.  For our anniversary this year, Jake bought me one of her paintings and I am so grateful because now I can be with her, no matter where I am.

Who is most inspiring in your life?

xoxMegan

Currently Listening to: Rise to the Sun by Alabama Shakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!