Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Saturday with Mom

Yesterday I had the privilege of spending the entire day with my Mom!

Awhile back I published this post that showed the fabric my mom bought to make a baby quilt for her co-worker. She purchased the fabric online at Fabricworm and she had them send it to me... so I could cut it for her.  So I cut it for her about a trillion years ago, but I hadn't seen her since then! We finally planned for her to come over to work on the quilt, because she was scared to do it without me, as this was her first quilt.

Lillian and Oliver Quilt Top

I think it came out SUPER cute!

We used this pattern (although I didn't buy it there, I bought it at Corn Wagon Quilts Co., but I also saw it at Pine Needles yesterday) called Lillian and Oliver.  It's super cute and it sewed together super fast.  We started it and finished it yesterday, with time to go to Pine Needles!  For my labor, mom repaid me in fabric! I say that's a fair trade!

She is going to have it quilted and then I promised to help her with the binding.  The back is going to be a blue minky.  It's going to be super cute once it's all done!  I'm so excited for my mom!  She feels great about putting together her first quilt top and she says she's in love with it, which is so important!

She actually has two other kits for quilt tops (one that she's had since last year!) and I think this win has given her the confidence to finally start on the other quilts that's she's fallen in love with.  I'm so proud of her and I love her quilt top!!

xoxMegan

Currently Listening to: Darkest Street by Fitz and the Tantrums

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!