Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Closing Date: 31 Days...

Okay, I have been pretty quiet about our upcoming move lately, but now that we are a month away I can hardly contain myself!!

We went to the house yesterday to measure all the rooms and it was so exciting!  We haven't been inside the house since AUGUST and it's so funny how we remember things!  Jake and I kept saying, "Yeah and I thought that was way smaller, too!"

Even though I still have my dad's quilt to do and other sewing projects that are on the list, I will also soon be heavily packing and looking for home decor and design ideas, so of course I will be sharing my adventures here.  This is going to be our first house and I am SO excited.  The babies are finally going to have a backyard to run amok in!

Okay, okay, preface:  I am an artist.  I am very eclectic.  I LOVE color.  I love things that make someone stop and say, "huh?".  I love the question why.  I live by the phrase that artists can do whatever they want and my theme is most often "controlled chaos".

With that disclosure out of the way, you might love what I do to my house or you might utterly hate it.  I'm good with that.  I think that if the poor old lady we're buying it from was to come back to see it in January, she would be horrified.  But that's okay, because I'm horrified by the way it looks right now.

The project that I am most excited about right now is the front door.  It is currently one very boring shade of taupe.  Oh, taupe.  I'm very much a first impressions kind of person (although I'm also a person for giving multiple chances, but that first impression always looms in the background...) and so to me, the front door is going to be a statement of who we are and also give you a heads up of what's inside... for better or for worse.  In other words, I want it to be bold and graphic.  Unfortunately, I'm still working on what in the world I'm going to do to our door.

But in order to avoid posting this without some sort of picture, let's talk about our formal living room.  Right as you enter the house (through our graphic front door), you walk into the formal room, or the sitting room.  The first wall that you see is across from the front window and divides the formal room from the kitchen.  That wall's destiny is this.



I intend on making the lines silver and the wall will be a fantastic deep teal.  Yes, teal.  (A tutorial for creating this wall is here!)  I love this wall for a few reasons.  It's random, yet clean and while I don't prefer the ocher  and white combination, it still speaks to me.  Also, I think I'll put a painting of something organic in the middle of this wall because this geometric-ness is just begging for it!

Well anyways, consider this your introduction to my interior design and DIY home project posts!  I am SO excited and if you stumble upon something you think I might like, please put it in the comments and I would love to check it out!!

Have a great Friday!!

xoxMegan

Currently listening to: Stubborn Love by the Lumineers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!