Pages

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Curved Log Cabin Quilt: 40 Blocks

Good Morning!

When I woke up this morning, I got straight to work on my curved log cabin quilt.  I now have 40 blocks completed!! That's half the quilt top!! It feels amazing.  I looks a lot like love... what do you think?


This picture shows the height of the quilt.  I'm missing the sides.  It's going to be a pretty big quilt!

This isn't a hard quilt to make, it just requires a lot of perseverance.  If I did not have a concrete deadline on this quilt, I probably would have left it as a WIP last week.  Although the quilt looks amazing with all the blocks laid out together like that, I think that even the back is beautiful!

 
The goal for this week is to get 10 blocks done each day, excluding Saturday and Sunday.  Then it should be easy for me to work up the attention span to sprint to the finish line next week!

I didn't mention yesterday a highlight of the weekend. When we had Jake's dad stay with us he stayed in the spare room and there is a table with all my fabric and WIPs on it.  He was curious and so he asked me about them and I showed him the quilt for my sister and also this one, the curved log cabin quilt.  I also told him about my dad's quilt that I'll be working on next.  Then he said, "Once you're done making quilts for your dads, you should make one for Jake's dad!".  I am so flattered that he wants a quilt too!  Although I wont be able to squeeze another one in before Christmas, it's fun that I already have a project lined up for the new year!

Anyways, I have some other things to work on today.  I hope y'all are having a quilty day!

xoxMegan

Currently Listening to: To Whom It May Concern by the Civil Wars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a little note! Please know that even if I don't respond, I do read each comment and they make my day! If you have any questions or specific concerns, feel free to email me and I'd love to chat you up! Have a great day!